This Sunday, the Baltimore Ravens will take on the San Francisco 49ers in Super Bowl XLVII in New Orleans.
But chances are you won't be taking a trip down south to see the game in person. So go with the next best thing: watching it on big-screen TVs with good food and good company in the Salisbury Township area.
Here's a look at some great local options for places to catch the Super Bowl this Sunday:
- Oliver Shakewell's, 1869 S. 4th St., Allentown. A great neighborhood hangout for casual dining. Voted Best Family Friendly Restaurant in Salisbury Patch.The restaurant is famous for its ambience and foods that go well with beer and sports (there are more than 20 televisions).“We sold 5,000 chicken wings Super Bowl Sunday,” mostly take-out, says owner Joe Beck.
- Starters Pub, 3731 Route 378, Lower Saucon. Starters Pub is an ideal spot for a casual dining experience or to watch the next big game.
- Big Woody's Sports Bar and Grille, 1843 S. 4th St., Allentown. Big Woody's South Side is a favorite neighborhood bar that features all great bar food and drinks.
- The Commix Hotel, 3245 W. Emmaus Ave., Salisbury Township. A historic stone tavern that's good for a beer, sandwich and a smoke. There's a pool table and a large TV at the end of the U-shaped bar makes the Commix a good place to watch a game.
- Copperhead Grille-Center Valley, 5737 Route 378, Center Valley. A friendly restaurant where friends gather to watch sports on big-screen TVs and enjoy happy-hour specials and more than 15 kinds of beer.