Salisbury to Hold Trick or Treat Night on Friday
Uniformed Salisbury Township police officers will be patrolling in marked and unmarked police vehicles in all areas of the township throughout Trick or Treat night on Oct. 26.
A message from Salisbury Township:
Trick or Treat night has been scheduled for Friday evening, Oct. 26, 2012 between 6:00 P.M. and 8:00 P.M. in Salisbury Township.
Uniformed Salisbury Township police officers will be patrolling in marked and unmarked police vehicles in all areas of the township throughout the night. Motorists are urged to slow down and watch for children crossing streets. Parents are urged to contact the department immediately if they find any suspicious candy items in trick or treat bags. Police officers will be available to check the suspicious items.
Salisbury Township Police offer the following Halloween safety tips:
- Wear light-colored clothing that is short enough to prevent tripping. Add reflective tape for better visibility.
- Carry a flashlight.
- Make sure children can see well through a mask or makeup.
- Watch for traffic and never run out between parked cars.
- Stay in your neighborhood and only visit homes of people that you know.
- Adults should always accompany young children.
- Only give and accept wrapped or packaged candy.
- Parents should examine all candy before children consume it.
- Report any suspicious activity or candy to police immediately. Dial 911 or contact an officer on patrol in your neighborhood.