Here is what you need to know for Wednesday in and around Salisbury Township:
- The first meeting of the newly-formed block watch group in South Allentown, which will also include residents of the east side of Salisbury Township will take place at the Boys and Girls Club at 501 E. Susquehanna Street at 6:30 p.m. Member of the Salisbury Township and City of Allentown police departments will have representatives on hand to discuss block watch matters.
- Attention Lottery players! You've got to be in it to win it. Wednesday's Powerball jackpot has quietly risen to $245 million. Not a bad chunk of change. Tickets are $2 each. Click here to find locations in and around Salisbury Township to buy tickets.
- Eat at Louie's Restaurant in Allentown Wednesday night and 20 percent of your bill will be donated to the Eastern Salisbury Fire Department.
- Back-to-School Night at Western Elementary School for parents of students in grades Kindergarten through second grade is Wednesday at 7 p.m.
- Traditions of Hanover At Home is holding a Career Fair for those looking to work in senior care. They have recently expanded into their new office located at 310 Stoke Park Rd., Suite 105, Bethlehem. Please stop by on Wednesday between 10 a.m.–7 p.m. to see if a career in caregiving is right for you.
- In the mood to dance? DJ Johnny B will spin the tunes at Sands Bethlehem's Molten Lounge beginning at 9:30 p.m. Wednesday.