Roth personally introduced four new teachers and a school psychologist to the board as the district's newest hires in advance of the 2013-14 school year.
"This is an exciting time for a Superintendent, when you're able to bring in new staff to join the ranks. We have new staff and their mentors who will spend the year helping them learn. The mentors will pass on the wonderful knowledge they have."
The new hires are:
- School psychologist Erin Moeser of Perkasie, who will work at Harry S. Truman School and Salisbury High School.
- Kara Bellis of Allentown, a full-time learning support teacher at Salisbury Middle School.
- Aaron Yetter of Allentown, a full-time art teacher at Salisbury High School.
- Carla Pacitti, of Tamaqua, as a full-time English teacher at Salisbury High School.
- Mario Amato, of Easton, as a part-time learning support teacher at Western Salisbury Elementary School.
Roth said the school district also hired Jason Mohring of Allentown as the new boys swimming and diving coach. Mohring is a Salisbury alum and former swimming team member.
He replaces Jason Reinhard, who resigned after leading the swimming and diving team to the school's first PIAA state title.
School board directors approved 48 personnel transactions, including hiring volunteer coaches, transfers and accepted eight resignations.
"August is a heavy month for hiring," Roth said, adding that instructional assistant jobs remain open within the district.
Orientation for grades kindergarten, first, sixth and ninth grades is scheduled for Monday, Aug. 26.
The first day of school throughout the district is Tuesday, Aug. 27.