South Mall will open at midnight Friday, joining an increasing number of retailers who are opening earlier and earlier for Black Friday shoppers.
Store hours will vary.
According to the mall's website:
- Bath & Body Works, Bon Ton, Claire's, Footlocker, GameStop, Payless Shoes, Piercing Pagoda, Radio Shack, Schuylkill Valley Sports, Shoe Dept, Strawberry open at midnight Nov. 23
- Bon Worth, Books for Less, Cellairis, Coffee Beanery, Dollar Galaxy, Executive Cellular, GNC, Gertrude Hawk Chocolates, Gold Buyers, Master Cuts, Matthew's Hallmark, Stein Mart, Victoria Secret open at 5 a.m. Nov. 23.
- Freeman Jewelers, Kay Jewelers open at 7 a.m. Nov. 23
- Signature Day Spa opens at 8 a.m.
- Black Rose Antiques, Dynamix Dance, Michael Jewelers, Oriental Massage open at 10 a.m.
Shoppers will be able to create and share personalized holiday e-cards and enter the mall’s $2,000 Shopping Spree Sweepstakes.
Pennsylvania Real Estate Investment Trust had announced earlier this month that it was opening its doors to nearly all of its malls at midnight on Black Friday, including the South Mall.
“Consumers responded enthusiastically to retailers who offered limited-time promotions designed to maximize Black Friday sales at their mall locations in 2011,” said Joseph F. Coradino, chief executive officer of PREIT, in a prepared release. “By opening our malls at midnight, PREIT is offering our retailers the opportunity to benefit from significant consumer demand during one of the most critical shopping days of the year.”
South Mall will offer promotions, including extended holiday shopping hours. It is also participating in Small Business Saturday on Nov. 24.