It's the last "unofficial" day of Summer.
So Monday is a great day to soak up the sun at least one more time (check the weather forecast, it's supposed to rain for much of the day), do a little bargain shopping, hit The Great Allentown Fair's closing day or hang out with family and friends for an End-of-Summer barbecue.
Some places in Salisbury Township will be open Monday for the Labor Day holiday.
But if you want to mail a letter, cash a check or take out the trash, you're going to have to wait a day until Tuesday.
- Most supermarkets, pharmacies and convenience stores will be open along with numerous retail outlets and restaurants throughout Salisbury Township.
- Salisbury Township offices and all government offices.
- Salisbury Township trash and recycling pickup will be on a holiday schedule, meaning that pickup will be a day later if scheduled on the holiday.
- The Allentown Library is closed.
- The Salisbury School District is closed.
- Most banks, but they have the option to open.
- No mailing Monday. The U.S. Postal Service is closed.
- All Lehigh County offices.
- The District Justice court of Judge Michael Pochron.
- The U.S. stock and bond markets are closed.