What are your plans Monday night? The Allentown Public Library is hosting a Family Storytime and Craft program on Monday, January 21 at 6:30 pm. We’ll be talking (and singing… and rhyming…and crafting…) all about BIRDS, so “fly-in” for a fun (and FREE!) family activity!
Our regular Storytime programs began this week, but there’s still plenty of time left to sign up for a session. There are sessions for babies, two-year-olds, and preschoolers. We also have started taking registrations for our Book Bunch (grades K-3), and also have spaces open in both our Young Readers Book Club (grades 4-7) and Teen Book Club (grades 6-12). For fans of Anime and Manga, be sure to check out the Otaku Club starting in February! For additional information (or to register) for any of these programs, please call 610-820-2400 ext. 4.
Adults: Don’t forget to join the Adult Winter Reading Club! There are some great prizes waiting to be awarded! The club runs through the end of February. Please call Sharon at 610-820-2400 ext. 2 for questions or additional information.
This Week at the Library:
- Saturday, January 19, 2013, 9:30 – 11:00 am – Adult Computer Class “Word Basics.” Register in person or by phone 610-820-2400 ext. 2.
- Saturday, January 19, 2013, 2PM – Movie Screening - King of Devil's Island
This gripping drama tells the true story of the uprising at the notorious Bastoy Boys Home correctional facility on a Norwegian island. When a new boy arrives, he inspires the inmates to rise up against the daily brutal treatment they experience. Norwegian with English subtitles. (Film Series films are for ages 17+)
- Saturday, January 19, 2013, 3:00-4:00 pm – APL Knitting Club – Knitting Club for both experienced and beginner knitters! Bring your current project or supplies to get started on something new. Please call 610-820-2400 ext. 2 with any questions or to sign-up for the club.
- Monday, January 21, 2013, 6:30 pm – Family Storytime & Craft Program – Stories, songs and rhymes all about BIRDS! We’ll end with a simple craft. No registration is needed!
- Tuesday, January 22, 2013, 6:00 pm – APL Book Club – Book Club members will meet to discuss The Bird Artist by Howard Norman. The February book (The Memory Palace by Mira Bartok) discussion will be held on February 26, 2013. Copies of the book will be available after Tuesday’s meeting.
- Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 7:00 – 8:00 pm – Joining the Peace Corps – Author Event – Author Sharlee DiMenichi will read three of the book's case studies of Returned Peace Corps volunteers. RPCVs will reflect on their experiences and answer audience questions in person and via Skype.
Allentown Public Library
1210 Hamilton Street
Allentown, PA 18102