Did you know that Salisbury Township residents have access to thousands of books, magazines, DVDs, CDs, Audio Books, E-Books, research databases, and many different types of programs for both adults and children? All of this (and more!) is available at YOUR public library – the Allentown Public Library!
If you haven’t visited the library recently, plan a visit soon! Of course, we offer thousands of book titles on just about every imaginable subject. But did you know you can also check out DVDs, CDs and audio books (on tape or CD)? All for free!
Do you have a Kindle, Nook, Ipad or other mobile device? Use your library card to check out ebooks and audio books through the Carbon Lehigh Downloadable Library. Free!
Feel free to bring your laptop or other devices to the library. The Reference Desk can provide you with the Wi-Fi password. Need to use a computer? Your library card can check out timed sessions on one of our many computers. Free!
On the second floor of the library, there are special spaces for both Children and Young Adults. Included in these spaces are age-appropriate book collections, periodicals, and computers. Children and Young Adults may apply for their own library card, which provides free access to all these resources!
The Allentown Public Library also offers a number of programs for both adults and children – all free! Enjoy a movie screening, participate in a book club, or bring your children to our storytime programs.
Keep your eyes on our Salisbury Patch blog. We will use it to announce program and event schedules, highlight new items in our collection, and more. Hope to see you soon!
This Week at the Library:
- Preschool Storytime – 10:00-10:30 AM OR 6:45-7:15 PM– Weekly storytime for children ages 3-5. Registration is required. Please call 610-820-2400 ext. 4 to register.
- Time for Twos Storytime – 6:00-6:30 PM – Weekly storytime for 2-year-old children & a parent/caregiver. Registration is required. Please call 610-820-2400 ext. 4 to register.
- Banned Book Week Movie Screening The Grapes of Wrath – 6:00-8:30 PM - Join us for a free screening of The Grapes of Wrath, the 1940 film adaptation of John Steinbeck's Pulitzer Prize-winning novel which was directed by John Ford.
- Infant Lapsit Storytime – 10:00-10:30 AM - Weekly storytime for children birth to 2 years & a parent/caregiver. Registration is required. Please call 610-820-2400 ext. 4 to register.
- Preschool Storytime – 2:00-2:30 PM – Weekly storytime for children ages 3-5. Registration is required. Please call 610-820-2400 ext. 4 to register.
- Time for Twos Storytime – 10:15-10:45 AM – Weekly storytime for 2-year-old children & a parent/caregiver. Registration is required. Please call 610-820-2400 ext. 4 to register.
- Banned Book Week Movie Screening Water for Elephants – 2:00-4:00 PM – Join us for a free screening of Water for Elephants, the 2011 film based on the novel by Sara Gruen.
Allentown Public Library
1210 Hamilton Street
Allentown, PA 18102