1. All the comparisons of Kate to Princess Di. Yes, it's OK to compare, but the extent to which they are doing so is getting a little ridiculous.
2. All the references to Kate being a "commoner." Um, she went to the same school as Prince William. She ain't that "common."
3. Everyone and their mother making a "commemorative" knockoff engagement ring.
4. The focus on the jewels and extravagance when the entire world is still in dire straits financially.
5. All the news stories about how to throw a "royal wedding watch" party. It's called turn on the TV.