Fire Displaces Family, Cat from Seidersville Road Home

The Red Cross is helping a family of six after a fire on Seidersville Road Tuesday night.

Emergency crews were called to 1702 Seidersville Road in Salisbury Township Tuesday night for a house fire.

Two adults, four children and a cat were displaced from their home near the Bolete restaurant.

According to Lehigh County property records, the home is owned by Melissa Snyder. 

The Lehigh Valley chapter of the American Red Cross provided the family with meals, infant formula, baby food, toiletries and lodging for two adults and four children. Lodging was also found for the family cat, according to Jennifer LoConte, of the Red Cross. 

According to a Morning Call story, the blaze, which started about 6 p.m., damaged the front porch. 

Carl W December 20, 2012 at 08:29 AM
Special care, especially in kitchen. Christmas historically highest fire time in year. Watch that tree - keep in good base of water. DO NOT overload outlets. (One double otlet means two plugs only - that includes using extension cords. [If you do, extend for only one cord]). Feel electrical cords @ each end, for warmth. Eastern & Western Salisbury Fire Companies WILL have house calls. Don't make one of them your house. Prioritize safety. This IS serious!


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »