It's that time again, folks. The leaves are changing, the apple prices are dropping, and is already here.
Community Day -- on Sept. 15 from 10am to 5pm -- is an annual tradition in Southern Lehigh. Here's a roundup of key information to make the most of your day.
1. Weather- According to the National Weather Service, it's going to be a beautiful day, with highs around 74 and a light northwest (read, cool) breeze. You really can't ask for better than that. Not that it matters either way. Coopersburg Community Day is rain or shine, so be ready for anything!
2. Parking- The name of the game with parking is patience. There will be parking in lots on both Landis and Fairmount streets, as well as overflow parking with a shuttle running to the event from the Lutron parking lot.
3. Events- And speaking of events, the day is jam-packed with all sorts of activities for the whole family. The Spartan Band will take the stage, as well as the Gerryville Hobo Band. There's demonstrations including Irish Step Dancers, Marionette Troupes, and the Coopersburg Fire company. Want to see the whole list and plot out your day?
4. Food- If there's one thing we can say about Coopersburg Community Day, it's that you need to come hungry! we're talking about more than hot dogs and nachos. The list includes Kettle Corn, Pierogies, Sundaes, Moravian Cakes, Turkey BBQ, ShooFly Pie, Pork BBQ and (not even kidding) Fried Oreos. It may be time to break out the comfortable pants, folks!
5. Price- Drum Roll, please.... All concerts events, and kids activities are totally, completely and absolutely FREE. Did I mention the free part? Sure, you should bring some cash for food and an amazing one-of-a-kind craft, but otherwise, it's all about a fun community outing that won't break the bank.
See you at Community Day!