Fall weather has settled in, high school sports are in full swing and festival time is around the corner.
Here's what you need to know in and around Salisbury Township:
- Back-to-School Nights at Western Elementary School are on Monday at 7 p.m. for grades 3 through 5 parents and Wednesday at 7 p.m. for Kindergarten through grade 2 parents.
- Open House for parents of Salisbury High School students will take place Thursday from 6:45 p.m. to 8:45 p.m. Parents will follow their child's schedule and can pick up a copy of that schedule at 6:25 p.m. in the auditorium lobby. Light refreshments will be available in the south wing hall between classes.
- The Harry S. Truman Back-to-School Dinner will be held Friday at 6 p.m.at the Harry S. Truman Elementary School Cafeteria. A free dinner of soft and hard shell tacos and nachos with cheese will be served. Dinner will be followed with music provided by DJ Brian. Parents are asked to bring your favorite side dish or dessert to share as the meet the principal, fellow parents and classmates.
- The Salisbury High School girls soccer team is holding a Flapjack Fundraiser Breakfast on Saturday from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. at Applebee's, located at 1510 Cedar Crest Blvd. in Allentown. The cost is $7 for adults and $4.50 for students. For more information on how to buy tickets, please contact a member of the Salisbury girls soccer team or contact Paula Ackerman at 610-797-9282.
- The Salisbury High School varsity football team hosts Palmerton in a Colonial League football game Friday night at 7 p.m.
- The Budweiser Clydesdales will make several appearances this week in Allentown and Bethlehem. Click here to see the schedule.
- The second annual Angel 34 Foundation/Valley Preferred Wheels for Hope will take place Saturday at the Valley Preferred Cycling Center at 1151 Mosser Road in Breinigsville. Click here for more information and how to register.
- Lottery players take note! Monday's draw for the Pennsylvania Match 6 Lotto jackpot is now worth $5.3 million. It's the third largest jackpot in the history of the game.
- The Salisbury Planning Commission holds a meeting Tuesday at 7:30 at the township building, located at 2900 South Pike Ave. in Allentown.
- The Salisbury Board of Commissioners holds a meeting Thursday at 7 p.m. in the township building, located at 2900 South Pike Ave. in Allentown.