It's great weather for fall sports, festivals, apple picking or other outdoor activities.
Here's what's happening in and around Salisbury Township this weekend:
- The Salisbury Township varsity football team hosts Palmerton at 7 p.m. in Colonial League game at Salisbury High School.
- The Harry S. Truman Back-to-School Dinner will be held Friday at 6 p.m.at the Harry S. Truman Elementary School Cafeteria. A free dinner of soft and hard shell tacos and nachos with cheese will be served. Dinner will be followed with music provided by DJ Brian. Parents are asked to bring your favorite side dish or dessert to share as the meet the principal, fellow parents and classmates.
- The Salisbury High School girls soccer team is holding a Flapjack Fundraiser Breakfast on Saturday from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. at Applebee's, located at 1510 Cedar Crest Blvd. in Allentown. The cost is $7 for adults and $4.50 for students. For more information on how to buy tickets, please contact a member of the Salisbury girls soccer team or contact Paula Ackerman at 610-797-9282.
- The Bon-Ton at The South Mall is holding a shoe event Saturday. Save 30 percent on all better and euro shoes. Choose from many styles and colors for both women and men. If you cannot get to the store Saturday, come in early and reserve your shoes.
- KidsPeace at 1650 Broadway in Salisbury Township is holding a family bingo night on Friday at 7 p.m. to raise money for supplies and materials for its autism program. Prizes include gift cards, baskets from Crayola, Arbonne and Mary Kay and passes to the Philadelphia and Lehigh Valley Zoos. Tickets are $5 at the door.
- Halloween Haunt opens Friday at Dorney Park, 4000 Dorney Park Road, South Whitehall, with mazes, scary creatures and thrill rides. (Not for anyone under 13, according to the park website.) Park hours are 6 p.m. to midnight, Friday; 11 a.m. to midnight, Saturday. Tickets begin at $30.99. For more information click on https://www.dorneypark.com/haunt
- Entertainment abounds at the Molten Lounge at Sands Bethlehem. On Friday, The Aardvarks appear at 9:30 p.m.On Saturday, it's Digital Getdown at 9:30 p.m. On Sunday, Off The Road takes the stage at 8 p.m.
- The Da Vinci Science Center, located at 3145 Hamilton Blvd. Bypass in Allentown is holding Joe's Workshop Program on Saturday. Joe’s Workshop Programs give visitors ages 14 and under opportunities to build basic items to enjoy at home with Da Vinci Science Center educator and handyman Joe Schoenly. As they build, the visitors learn basic scientific and mathematical concepts. Click here for more information.
- Kids and parents in the Lehigh Valley region can plan to have a blast at the 2nd annual Simon Malls’ Fun Factory tour stop at Lehigh Valley Mall on Saturday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. in the Elevator Court.
- No need to trek all the way to the Emerald City for adventure – simply visit Lehigh Valley Mall for a special experience as the shopping center celebrates The Wizard of Oz’s 75th Anniversary from 11a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Clover Hill Winery in Breinigsville will partner this weekend for Harvest Weekend on the Lehigh Valley Wine Trail with Klein Farms Dairy & Creamery of 410 Klein Road, Easton. They will be on site to offer samples of a few of their delicious cheeses to pair with Clover Hill wines. They will also have their cheeses available for purchase. You can learn more about Klein Farms at: http://kleinfarms.zxq.net/index.htm. Also, for third consecutive year, samples of pretzels from Unique Pretzel Bakery, Inc., of Reading will be available.
- Vynecrest Winery in Breinigsville will partner with Pappy’s Orchard of Coopersburg, a fellow Pa. Preferred vendor from Macungie Farmers Market and pair their Gala apples with a Sugar ‘n Spice Caramel Apple Dip mix (locally made and sold at the winery) with their semi-sweet Riesling. Riesling is Vynecrest's Wine of the Month for September and priced at 10 percent off. They will offer free Winemaker Tours of the vineyard and wine cellar Saturday and Sunday at 1 p.m.
- The nearby Lehigh Valley Zoo in Schneckville is open Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Don't miss the popular alligator feeding!
- Everybody loves free. The nearby Allentown Art Museum is free to all on Sunday. Hours are noon to 4 p.m.